Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Okean 3133 "Not Quite" the Final Edition

Saw this beauty in a store here in Moscow about a month back and "report from the scene of the disturbance".


It is in fact a new version of the Okean (Okeah) 3133 Final Edition chronograph watch and I think it will confuse matters even further. Slightly.

To understand, I recommend consulting my two previous entries on the subject on this blog.


Looking at the face you can see it differs both from both the original and the previous known duplicate version (such as mine - which are identical in everything but the box and paperwork):

  • different stopwatch hand - barbed or winged like on Shturmanskies;
  • different small register hands;
  • different hour and minute hands with different lume - white -- also. 

The rest seems as before.


 Compare with my watch (duplicate):


 However when you see the back...


...you realize that the back is identical to the final edition, also the same strap.


Here's mine again for comparison.



There are two possible explanations. 

One is that it is a duplicate edition, or second run, watch but with those differences in front because either (i) Volmax has run out of original Final Edition parts; or (ii) has started using different hands etc. to differentiate from the Final Edition after much criticism. The other explanation is that it is something from the third run of watches (triplicates).

I feel the former is closer to the truth, as I was warned in the store that, if I wanted to buy it, I should do it now as they were running out of them. And in the store itself there was, like, only one this watch, I think.

More photos after the jump.























No comments:

Post a Comment