Monday, September 22, 2014

"Grand Beef" McDonalds Burger

On Saturday I had the eponymous (i.e. as in title of this post) burger for lunch in my car after taking it from what is known here in Moscow as a McAvto, a drive-through (-by) outlet. 

Like this one for instance, although on Saturday it wasn't at night, as I said it was my lunch.



Curiously, the burger in question is called in Russian Гранд Биф... which in literal translation is Grand Beef. However I wasn't able to find a McDonald's burger called Grand Beef in any other market. The closest match is probably Grand Angus but unlike the Grand Angus the "Grand Beef" has no cheese in it and some other small ingredients are different, nor does it mention any Angus beef. Here in Russia it is still advertised as a new product or maybe it is just seasonal.

Anyway, whatever it is, I had it for lunch on Saturday.


The paper bag it was in. The bag states that McDonald's uses 50% of its used cooking oils to make biodiesel.


It says literally, Grand Beef - Classic Burger on the box.


It is large but flat - similar to Big Tasty, one beef patty.


Cut lettuce spills over.


My curbside lunch on Saturday 20, 2014 under a bright and warm September sun.

So bright that it interfered with my photography again... something always interferes with it.



What is in it.


Under the top bun is some yellow ketchup -- tastes sour sweet or maybe even curry-like. Two tomato slices and some bacon bits, lettuce.



Under the patty is some red spicy tomato sauce.


It is large but doesn't fall apart, convenient to hold it with two hands, it is also dropping lettuce and onion bits and the trapped sauces try to escape onto your hands as you bite into it.


I liked the taste of the beef patty well enough, better than any other on McDonald's menu at the moment.


Question of the price: RUB 156 which is about US$4.






I liked it.

Presentation - 5/10 - buns do not fall apart, but lettuce spills, sauces get onto your hands.

Size - 6/10 - can use two beef patties though... or I certainly can.

Taste - 6/10 - my favorite McDonald's burger for now, not that it means much.



No comments:

Post a Comment