Saturday, October 3, 2015

Shortwave: World Harvest Radio

Listened in on shortwave on 27/09/2015 at my Dacha in the woods (and swamps) about 100 km north of Moscow.

New to me, World Harvest Radio (International), a conservative Christian radio out of the USA.





Reception is rather good given the circumstances and the radio I use, a mid-of-the-range Grundig Yacht Boy 80, nothing fancy.

It identifies itself at about 5:18 in the video above. 

Frequency: 5920 kHz


I wonder where the broadcast comes from so I can here it so good in Moscow. 

According to wikipedia, it is Angel 2 service of WHRI which is supposed to be re-transmitted from Palau? 

Or is it, more likely, re-transmitted from somewhere in Eastern Europe?
Completed a reception report form on the WHR website, anxiously awaiting a QSL card. Will post on this blog when (and if) I get one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment