Tuesday, April 5, 2016

llya's Radio Shack: Sony 6CD 2008 Ford Car Radio

Cataloging my radio equipment.

Here comes my Sony 6CD 2008 Ford Car Radio.


It is a CD/MP3 player, FM and AM radio, 6 CD changer, an auxiliary port, etc..

The rest is in the video below, note that I clumsily review it only from point of view of an amateur radio fan.




Also, as I noted in the video above, the radio itself very capable for a car radio I have been using it to do my very amateur FM and AM scans and also some DXing on the Medium Waves.




So it deserves to be on list of my radios.


More photos of my Sony 6CD

Apparently my 2008 Sony 6CD Ford Car Radio has some DSP.



DSP stands for digital sound processing and has been recently used on many quality consumer world band radios possibly providing better tuning, reception and sound quality.

I wonder if the DSP on my car radio is the same DSP.



CORRECTION:
The DSP on this radio does stand for digital sound processing, however DSP in modern world band radios  likely stands for "digital SIGNAL processing". Not quite the same thing.


llya's Radio Shack: Sony 6CD 2008 Ford Car Radio: Cataloging my radio equipment. Here comes my Sony 6CD 2008 Ford Car Radio. It is a CD/MP3 player, FM and AM radio, 6 CD changer, an...

No comments:

Post a Comment