Thursday, January 3, 2019

November and December 2018 Beer Report

Here is my beer report for the months of November and December in the year 2018 focusing mainly on craft beers.

Since November and December 2018 happened already a long time ago - last year! - I am mainly going to concentrate on providing pictorial evidence while restraining myself to the most basic like/dislike impressions but I will rate beers out of 5.

November and December 2018 beer is kitchen beer, so here goes.


Tsingtao Stout.


Liked this one, 3/5. On ratebeer also rated highly.


Looks good too, color and foam-wise.





Salden's Milkshake DIPA with Mango Puree.


The best in this report, so all of 3.95/5. Salden's is a Russian microbrewery.





Bakunin Salty Dog Gose.


Liked this one, 3.35/5.





Here is a classic (at least according to Mark Dredge whose book I am using as a guide into what to try next).


3.95/5





AF brew Mosaic American IPA.


Russian go at American IPA, liked it well enough, but nothing super, 2.75/5.





The color may be inadvertently enhanced by the camera.



Jaws Brewery Citrai Zen Hoppy Kristallweizen


This one felt much stronger than stated on the label (which is not a bad thing as far as I am concerned).


It was liked but with reservations, 2.5/5 I think.







Here is the Classic of Pilsner Urquell again.






Brewlok Noga Boga (Foot of God) New England IPA, football themed beer.


Liked it well enough, but there was some live sediment which kept producing bubbles until disappearing.


2.65/5




AF brew Red Rum Imperial IPA Special Edition.


Widely praised here in Russia but I didn't find it much out of the ordinary IPA so 2.75/5 maybe.







Founders All Day IPA Session Ale.


Some Founders beers are in the top ten (like KBS or CBS) but I nearly disliked this one though, it's the second worst as far as I am concerned, so maybe only 2/5.




Fuller's Bengal Lancer England IPA.


This is a good one with subdued British hops, 3.75/5.












Brewdog Punk IPA.


Good IPA but I don't understand why Punk as it's quite tame as far as IPA beers go.


3.65/5.






My drinking den.




This is the worst but probably not per se but due to the fact that it had gone bad during improper storage at store but still only 0.5/5.






That's all for beer in 2018.

Let's see what 2019 will bring.

Actually, in 2019 I am aiming to bring my tally of personally test-tasted craft- and microbrewery beers to 100, so far I am at about 64.


No comments:

Post a Comment