Friday, August 8, 2014

Compaq Presario 900

Cataloging the computers that I have gone through - Compaq Presario 900.


Years of service in my ownership: 2003 - 2008. Five years of use that I got out of it may not be too bad for a laptop but it's not the best result ever I think. But I did use it almost all day every day during the period. 


It's rather thick, especially by today' standards, and the speakers are in the front edge.


The first thing to break was the CD-Rom (DVD?) drive which is a common occurrence with laptops / notebook computers. I think I precipitated its demise by playing GTA 3 on it at the time; it stopped playing games but could still be used for installing programs and for watching movies on DVDs for a rather long time after that before going off completely.



One day it just refused to turn on... and was subsequently destroyed in very unscientific attempts to revive it. Good thing it was connected via LAN to my desktop so everything important was backed up.  





Presario 900

And this, by the way, is a diskette drive. I think it is one of the last laptop / notebook models to still have it.  


The reverse side.


It came with a Windows XP Home Edition OS.






The opening on the extreme left is a Kensington lock slot.



A good (and surprisingly, positive) review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment