Thursday, April 23, 2015

Lada 2107

Car spotting series of posts is continued, and Lada car series, continued too.

This time it is a Lada, and not just any Lada but the Lada 2107.


I spotted and photographed it late last month (March 2015).


 It is a clean and well maintained specimen.


Front passenger window view -- a nice view, check out the seats, either after-market, or just tastefully enveloped in nice seat covers.


A Lada 2107 was the car that I learned to drive in and also the first car I drove myself.




Regardless whether it was my first car or not, I am firmly of the opinion that the Lada 2107 is the best-looking and overall the best car in the world, while all the other cars are just varying degrees of -- pardon-moi -- carp.

I believe, it also was the last affordable compact classic rear drive sedan anywhere in the world. 

And it is also on my all-time car wish list, except that it is out of production and I buy only new (that is, when I do... so far it happened only once). 

To further prove my point, here's a selection of fine Lada 2107 photos from the Internet -- they are AvtoVAZ promo photos formerly used to advertise the VAZ-2107 when it still was in production.


These are definitely after-market seats... could even be leather or something extracted in a process wherein animals are slightly harmed... but may be they don't care because it happens posthumously.











Black background? Check!



Louvers? Check! Love them. Extra removable fender-installed rear-view mirrors? Check!




Sunroof? Check!


Shifter (almost) on the central console? Check! 



Electro-mechanical gauges? Check!


Nice tall seats integrating head rests? Check!


Foldable rear seat armrest? Check!



Plenty of luggage space? Check!


No comments:

Post a Comment