Friday, June 26, 2015

1987 Mercury Grand Marquis

To continue my Detroit Iron in Moscow (DIM) column on this blog, wherein I do a bit of car spotting and photograph and report "Detroit iron" in Moscow -- i.e. full-size American automobiles that I see on Moscow streets, lanes and especially in back yards whilst not specifically looking for them, here is something from my other blog, Spotted...Cars in Moscow.

By the way, full-size in automobiles is taken to mean anything longer than 5,000 mm, although there are some other parameters, but this is the one I go by.

Lo and behold! One previous owner (!) 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis! Continuing verbatim from my other blog as specified above.


Seen in May 2015 is this 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis full-size automobile.


I spotted this one at a dealer's lot - traded in by somebody and is now available to buy.


To quote wikipedia:

The Mercury Grand Marquis is a full-size rear-wheel drive luxury sedan that was sold by the Lincoln-Mercury division of the Ford Motor Company from 1975 to 2011. From 1975 to 1982, it was the premium model of the Mercury Marquis model line and became a standalone model in 1983. For its entire production run, the Grand Marquis served as the flagship of the Mercury line; it was the Mercury counterpart of the Ford (LTD) Crown Victoria. From 1979 to 2011, it shared the Panther platform along with the Lincoln Town Car
 

The reason I made so many pictures is that, as I said, I saw this at the car dealer where I was having my car, a Ford Focus II, serviced so I had plenty of time and had nothing better to do. 

But I don't think it's time wasted as I am into car-spotting and also have a soft spot for these American full-size cars in particular (see my other blog - DIM - Cars) and collect their sightings in Moscow, of which these pictures are a proof, not that I have ever driven one or ever likely to the way things are looking at the moment.


Front window through the glass shots... nice interior, velour. 


No seat belts in evidence.



Was this supposed to be an opera light?


Vinyl roof? Check!







Back row seats. Comfy. Not too clean.







The spec sheet says it's a 1987 car,  5l 190hp V8, one previous owner (!), with 150,000 km on the clock.


The price is RUB 450,000. I leave it to you to work out how much that is in dollars (internet is your friend).




Nice crackelours... on this side only, none on the other.


1985 commercial, appears to be the same color.




Bonus - dealer pictures of the same car... borrowed from here... and the price is down to RUB 330,000 already. Still too much.








No comments:

Post a Comment