Friday, March 22, 2019

4 Beers at Pivoteka 465

To get more content for my Restaurants and Beer Exploration in Moscow series, on March 20, 2019 went for beer to a Pivoteka 465 joint (Пивотека 465); Pivoteka 465 being a chain of small craft beer shops here in Moscow.


So that day's Beer # 1 was a pint of tap Bakunin Fibonacci DIPA.


I found it to be alright for Bakunin, everything was true to DIPA, some evil tongues may wag that there was a waft of bad smell about it but I will say that it was just breathing from raw live craft beer with genuine hops, yeast and malt (unless of course it was an unwashed tap); in any case I liked it well enough regardless, pleasantly bitter, hoppy and relatively strong so, 2.35/5, looked good too color wise.

Bakunin (Бакунин) is a Saint Petersburg based Russian brewery, named presumably after Bakunin, the famous anarchist philosopher.




On tap that day.



Beer # 2 was a pint of Salden's Milkshake DIPA with Banana Puree expertly poured for me by barkeep from a can.


Gorgeous color, and I liked it even better; as for my second beer on the day decided to go for something less bitter and more sweet, and so liked this one, nice texture and body and a good nose and it was pleasantly strong therefore effective in the consciousness expanding department, 2.75/5.


Salden's is a microbrewery from Tula in Russia whose products happen to be among my most favorite.





Interior.



Support your local brewery!







Restroom views.



Beer # 3 - wanted some cherry (may it's the end of winter thing) but was not that impressed.


It was okay I guess and I know Delirium beers are supposed to be good but in comparison with the ones that went before it it just didn't cut it - too slick, average tastewise and mass market like, so only, 1.5/5 or so it seemed to me on the day for some reason.






Beer # 4 and the last one - a pint of tap AF Brew Hoppy Surf APA - it was just what was needed for the final accord, 2.5/5.



My bill for four beers and a bowl of peanuts and a bowl of pistachios was RUB 1500.


Sights around the location, it's a very small joint.







This is the thing that took the pictures - my Sony RX100 m2.



Общепит: Пивотека 465 - 4 пива: 4 пива в баре Пивотека 465 сегодня 20 марта 2019 года. Пиво № 1 Bakunin Fibonacci DIPA разливное. Для Бакунина нормально, понрави...

No comments:

Post a Comment