Sunday, April 16, 2023

March 9, 2023 - Lunched on Baked Lamb Neck, Escargot, Cocktails

I am backlogged in My Restaurants series, and so here is my late restaurant lunch of March 9, 2023, more than a month ago but I feel I have to record it for posterity.

First I ordered, and was duly served, a cup of Americano coffee, two cocktails - a Long Island (Tea) and a Strawberry Margarita



I sipped all three of the beverages in turn through the entire course of the meal, but escargot I did eat for Hors d'oeuvre, that is, before the main course.


 
Everything was in rather dramatic lighting, and basically in winter time, with an early night fall.



Some menu
 
Finally the main course - Baked Lamb Neck (boneless) under some bread covering - don't know it's proper term in cuisine - but it's there to make the lamb tender and juicy and not to allow juices to escape or evaporate, me thinks, maybe erroneously, but anyway.

 
And here are some shots of the interior which is Oriental-themed in some respects, I am specifically thinking of One Thousand and One Night. Or maybe it's more like Bhagavad gita


 
Hey what are you two up to?



 
These are sort of dining cubicles, and certain articles of the interior look like they have seen some action.




 
This was my cubicle for the duration.


 
Entrance - it's still winter on March 09, 2023 - the place is pretty old, there are mentions of the restaurant in early 2000 guidebooks, so may be from the late 1990s even, and it is also known that it is situated winsomely in the place where a public Soviet style toilet used to be.

 
There are rumors that it was and maybe still is the best place to see or meet some TV personalities as their work place is just across the road.







No comments:

Post a Comment