Monday, November 10, 2014

Watches on Amazon.com

Some good watches can found on Amazon.

VOSTOK EUROPE

As a collector, the bulk of whose collection is Russian / Soviet watches (although not exclusively, and I am looking to expand), I thought I'd mention Vostok Europe offerings on Amazon.

But with reservations.

I think their current models are not as good as as their previous ones. In the recent past they made some truly stunning watches.

But the current lineup is at best mediocre, I think. Also, they are very expensive, and there aren't that many positive reviews.  So bear it in mind.


Caspian Sea Monster, Vostok cal. 2432, highly overpriced but with Tritium (triga-lite or something).





Vostok Europe GAZ 14 Limousine



Vostok Europe North Pole Expedition, cal. 2432



Vostok Europe Arktika, with a display caseback, Vostok movement. This is the one I would buy if I had that kind of money. 



There are also these models in different variants and other models. As I said these are not particularly "good deals" (but the next one (below) is).

SEIKO

From Seiko's lineup on Amazon the following deserve a mention.

The best offer on Amazon from Seiko (and amongst any watches really) is this Seiko Black Monster -- a classic diver's (type) watch with a huge following, and it IS a good deal price-wise. 




Seiko Fivers... these modern ones have a display caseback. 





Other diver's (type) Seikos




ORIENT WATCHES

Orient's best offer on Amazon is their automatic Mako divers (diver's type watches). The Mako Orient watch is also an iconic watch, long in production and highly collectable too.  

Although the model below is somehow three times as expensive as the other Makos. Also, not everything, which Amazon calls a Mako, is really a Mako.



Other Makos are way cheaper








Orient Mako Pepsi



Other diver's Orient



Black Ray



Also, check out this aSTORE I set up with a Handpicked Watches category -- watches that I hand-picked myself as having a collectible and other value -- mostly mechanicals but not entirly -- that I would gladly buy myself and may yet buy, funds permitting . 


No comments:

Post a Comment