Saturday, May 17, 2014

Poljot President 2940 with ST1940 / TY2940 Many Movement Shots (About 30)

My watch Poljot President 2940, which already made an appearance on this blog in this post, is an automatic chronograph.


It is my most worn watch at the moment. I also use the chronograph a lot -- to time certain improving activities.


The stopwatch is actually on now.


I made an educated guess about what movement is inside as it was not stated anywhere in the papers. I was sure that it had an TY2940 aka ST1940 inside -- like this one with 33 jewels (and 33 jewels is not too shabby either).


But it is one thing to deduce even if with certainty and it is quite another thing to see for yourself.


So the back is off and the movement is photographed. Quantity has quality all its own, as the saying goes. In other words, what the photos lack in quality I hope they will compensate by their quantity.



Boy, was I right. It IS the ST1940/TY2940 and a decorated and a polished ST1940 at that. (Chemically) Blued screws are a bonus too. Enjoy.































The back is re-attached and the show is over.


I like this watch even more now, and it was because of the movement that I bought in the first place. For some reason, the auto variety of the ST19xx seems to be a bit rare and is used in very few watches. 



Donations graciously accepted to offset costs of collections and updating this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment