Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Website: SEIKO 5 Finder

Internet browsing yielded another watch related website which looks good and potentially useful.

SEIKO 5 Finder (link to site) is, as far as I can see, an enthusiast website on Seiko Fivers.

It offers info, search tips, pictures, advice, probably customization.

I am adding it to my collection of WWW watch related links which is on the right hand pane, scroll down to see.

My own Seiko 5 out of the year 2001 is here: ten years after: my seiko 5

It was after viewing the site that I realized that the "5" in Seiko 5 allegedly stands for 5 qualities:

1. Automatic winding
2. Day/date displayed in a single window
3. Water resistance
4. Recessed crown at the 4 o’clock position
5. Durable case and bracelet

As regards current Seiko 5s, they are certainly on my radar.

What I don't like about them is that they are much pricier now than they use to be, also seem to have round or rounded cases whereas I prefer the 1970=80s look - square, angular cases, faces etc. 

But what I definitely like about current Seiko Fivers is their display case backs.

My Seiko 5 ca. 2001


Seiko 5 movie



No comments:

Post a Comment