Thursday, November 24, 2016

Flooded My Scuba Dude Vostok Amphibian and Discovered Surprise

Congrats to me, I managed to flood my 2012 Scuba Dude Vostok Amphibian by swimming with a loose (unscrewed) cap on the winding "head" (whatever you properly call it). 

The watch doesn't work any more.


I used the opportunity to open the watch as don't like to open working watches and... I found a surprise surprise!


 I describe the surprise in this little video.



As you can see it has a Vostok Europe auto-winding rotor (and Vostok Europe is not necessarily related to the Vostok company proper).


At first, I though that maybe even the movement itself was a Vostok Europe but it is unlikely.


More pictures for your enjoyment.










A similar Vostok Europe movement looks like this.


In addition to blued screws, differences also included a "Russia" stamped bridge.

Video in Russian.


I am not going to bother repairing it but will just retire it and replace with a new Amphibian but for now I am using my 2002 Sailboat which actually keeps much better time that this one used to.

HoroLex: Утопил "мужика" (амфибию восток) плюс сюрприз: Утопил по своей вине "мужика" - не затянул головку. Часы теперь не ходят. Открыл, чтобы полюбоваться результатами потопа, а ...

No comments:

Post a Comment