Monday, November 26, 2018

September and October 2018 Beer Report

It's the end of November in the year 2018 but I am just writing my beer report for the months of September and October.




In September and October 2018 I got to drink some varied beers, a different one each time and so here is my report on that beer experience.






I drank both what may be called craft or microbrewery beer and mass varieties.



First, however, I should say that I can't go into much detail as October was already a long time ago in beer drinking terms and all I remember is my general impressions and I can't comment much on the color or head of brews as I consumed them mainly at dacha which presupposes drinking beer out of cans and bottles without pouring into anything let alone proper beer glasses



But I will rate beers to best of my impressions on an "out-of-five" scale.






So here goes - September.

Jaws Brewery Oatmeal Stout. Jaws Brewery is a microbrewery here in Russia.


Didn't like this one, 1.5/5.


BrewDog Cocoa Psycho Imperial Russian Stout.


This one was liked but with reservations, 2.9/5.


Russia's Gletcher Bowler Brilliant Ale and IPA - these ones are swills but still drinkable in a cheap way, especially the green one, 2/5.



Gletcher Friday Avenue American Lager (center), 2/5.



Russia's AF Brew Hentai American IPA.


American hops are supposed to be in it, but I wasn't that much impressed 2.95/5.


Another installment in October aka my Oktoberfest.


First, some group pictures.












BrewDog Elvis Juice Grapefruit Infused IPA.


Bitterness, liked it well enough, 3.0/5.


Jaws Brewery APA.


Was reasonably well liked.


2.95/5

Russia's Salden's Pryanik Stout 8.0 Edition.


Was well received.


3.35/5.




 Jaws Brewery Atomnaya Prachechnaya (nuclear laundry) IPA.



Something of a benchmark for IPA here in Russia.


3.0/5




Russia's Self-Made Brewery Dessert Eagle Oatmeal Milk Stout.



2.5/5



China's Harbin wheat lager.


Mass lager, was not unpleasant, 3/5.



Stella Artois.

Mass lager 2.5/5.


Hoegaarden Wit Blanche.


High ratings on Rate Beer but I didn't like, so 1.5/5.



Lobkowicz Lezak Lager, 2/5.




De Molen Paprikator.


Didn't like smoked but liked everything else, 3.0/5.



Fuller's London Black Cab Stout.


High ratings on Rate Beer but I didn't like it that much so 1.5/5.


Won't drink it again.

Jaws Brewery JJ&J Imperial Porter.


Drank it but don't remember much about either way so 2.0/5. Supposed to be aged in Jameson casks.


Salden's Chili Tomato Gose.



Was fiery hot but still enjoyed so 3.35/5.



Jaws Brewery Jazz & Juice.


Fruit IPA but already faded from memory so 2/5.



That's all folks!





See ya in my November beer report!

No comments:

Post a Comment