Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Watchuseek... the Worst Watch Forum... In The World

Watchuseek now controlled by the incompetent Canadian outfit Vertical Scope is hereby officially the crappiest watch- (and any hobby-) forum... In The World.

Constant scams and possible scam threat notifications.

New members are denied basic rights like posting links and pictures.

Locked me out of my Bernie-period account, they probably deleted everything during a massive security scare they had some years ago - deleted the email address I used to login, changed my password, can't login to my old account, although my posts of some 4 years ago are still there.

Contacted the admin twice over this - got no reply at all.

The forum and the website in general are very slow to load, buggy and could well be compromised by scammers spreading viruses and what not.

In a word, it's a stinking mess.

Better not go there at all. If you do, remember you do it at your own risk.

Watchuseek is whatchucrap!

ETA: April 17, 2019

Actually, scratch that, I think Watchuseek has been gradually improving recently.
I can even now access it on my iPhone - something I couldn't meaningfully do not so long ago.
Still it's a huge forum and site with lots of ongoing issues, performance wise.


No comments:

Post a Comment