Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Jean-Paul Belmondo Rest In Peace

The great French actor Jean-Paul Belmondo died yesterday. 

As I have stated on this blog and elsewhere, I have enjoyed his movies for a long time.

And it just so happens that I watched Breathless for the first time a couple of weeks ago which was playing at my local cinema.




Obviously it's a great movie by the famed director Godard and one that was Belmondo's breakthrough and marked the proper beginning of his acting career.

It's one of the earliest, and maybe the best, movie in the French New Wave cinema.

I guess it's about how to live the last few days of your life with total abandon focusing what you do best, i.e. crime, on the part of the male protagonist, and a dose of love.

However, I am also a great and unashamed fan of Belmondo's commercial cop (or should I say flic) and thief (voyou ) movies.


And this is my personal favorite L'Alpagueur (aka The Hunter Will Get You).


 With a very effective Bruno Kremer and featuring a great score too.

And here is another one of a series of his commercial crime movies from the late 70s-early 80s, noted for Belmondo using a burst-fire mode Beretta 93R to a great effect.
 

Henry Silva is in it too.

 


RIP the great actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment