Sunday, July 24, 2016

Resisting Final Microsoft Win 10 Assault

More than a year, multiple cancellation of "scheduled" Win 10 upgrades (which I had never scheduled in the first place, needless to say), countless scary popups and announcements later, I am now being terrorized with a yellow triangle warning and a countdown.


Hopefully it will all go away after July 29, 2016 or whatever is the cutoff date for their "free product".


As to why I chose not to upgrade to Win 10, the reasons are many - one computer is a laptop and I strongly believe it's never a good idea to install a new OS on a laptop, both computers had Win 8 bundled with them which I assume includes some recovery tools and options which might not work after Win 10 is installed. 
Also, having sold me and everybody a complete product - Win 8, Microsoft must now honor its obligations under it, including support and updates up to the year 2022 I believe.


Too bad it's impractical for me at this point to sue them over a year long disruption and intimidation.

Еще раз отклонил. Уже целый год долбит этим вин 10. HoroLex: Win 10 не пройдет!: Достал Microsoft со своим Win 10 и кампанией запугивания.  Уже два раза отменил назначенное мне Microsoft-ом обновление, на которое,...

No comments:

Post a Comment