Thursday, November 4, 2021

Charles Bronson 100

Today November 3, 2021 the actor Charles Bronson would have turned 100.

Over the years I have watched quite a few movies with him and have always enjoyed them for what they are, including his later-years commercial crime cinema, Cannon Golan-Globus productions.

Here are some Bronson titles from my collections, starting with VHS which I still watch occasionally.



Death Wish 3 was the last Death Wish Michael Winner movie who directed the first three installments Death Wish to Death Wish 3.

Some people, they have been knocking Michael Winner films and himself too apparently (posthumously) but I rather like some of his earlier stuff like The Mechanic (1972) and Death Wish flicks.... for what they are.






I have many more but the rest are on DVDs.


Here are some Cannon Group J. Lee Thompson movies starring Bronson.


Kinjite is controversial and hilarious in turns, may have become a minor cult classic.


Murphy's Law a solid alcoholic cop flick (as opposed to flic).


10 2 Midnight is the weakest of the three.



And the original Death Wish in a Russian edition.


I think I have more Bronson movies somewhere.

However, one of my absolute Bronson favorites is where he teams with Alain Delon in Farewell, Friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment