Friday, November 12, 2021

Eating Out in Moscow: Cafe Misada Israeli Street Food

Yesterday we happened to eat out for the reason of being too lazy to cook dinner at home, so I felt compelled to make some quick smartphone pictures for My Restaurants series since it was a new place and the kind of food that I don't eat often.

 

The place is Cafe Misada somewhere in North Moscow that purports to serve "Israeli street food" with both Israeli and Arabic dishes, no idea how authentic they might be.


Cooking takes some time and we can look around.


One can also take some surreptitious pictures on the smartphone while pretending to browse it.


This is more like a fast-food place.





Finally, the order is served... or actually you take it yourself after being beeped by a beeper like device.


We ordered a dish called Shawarma Arabic with Angus beef and Falafel Israeli with hummus, all with pickles but I got a bite of both. 

Also, we had some natural lemonade and a cup of coffee.

The lemonade is called Fritz-Limo and seeing as it is supposed to be German I wonder if there is an attempt at a joke here somewhere.

Shawarma Arabic with Angus beef, some nice dip and a side of fries and some pickles.

And Falafel ala Israel with some dip, hummus and likewise pickles.

Pickles is what I liked least of all, and one of the peppers was nearly too strong for my stomach but not to worry.

On the other hand, hummus is what I liked most.


The rest was okay, I guess, at least I personally had my fill with no consequences on the stomach.

It's very dark, almost pitch-black, but not that late.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment